Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nicaragua Day 7 (June 26, 2009) - Travelling

For those of you just joining the blog, I'm currently on Day 7 of my two week holiday in Nicaragua. The 2 main goals of the trip were to 1) Visit my good buddy in Granada and 2) Learn to Surf on the Pacific Coast. Day 7 concluded my first week in Granada, Nicaragua and it was finally time to travel down to the coast to learn to surf!


Friday June 26, 2009 (Day 7 of my trip) served primarily as a travel day so I'm going to highlight travelling in Nicaragua on this entry. Nicas (Nicaraguans) disregard most saftey precautions and what is normal in Nicaragua might be a complete out of the ordinary in the US. An example video below which highlights a bit of "backseat driving" literally.

The beauty of travelling in Nicaragua though becomes apparent when you enter any bus station. Every yellow bus from your childhood has made it's way to Central America and specifically Nicaragua and is now used for most mass transportation between major cities. In addition to reliving your childhood, the cost of travelling between major cities is about $1.00. That's right, $1.00. To travel from Granada to San Juan Del Sur I paid only $2.00.



No comments:

Post a Comment