Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nicaragua - Day 11/12 (6/30 & 7/1) - Playa Maderas

Days 11 & 12 of my stay in Nicaragua constituted full days of surfing fun at Playa Maderas. This beach originally proved too difficult for my first day but after regaining my confidence at Playa Remanso I came back to Maderas with a short board and plenty of rest and enthusiasm. These two days I worked on the basics of surfing which constituted duck diving, timing waves, catching waves, and in some few instances actually getting up on the board for a few seconds before falling down yet again.


Surfing proved to be one of the most challenging and exciting sports I have experienced thus far. I look forward to the next experience and am eager to become proficient at this amazing sport! As a final tribute to Playa Maderas I'm include 3 favorite photos of the beach.


Playa Maderas - View 1


Playa Maderas - View 2Playa Maderas - View 3



No comments:

Post a Comment