Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nicaragua - Day 15 (7/4) - Laurance

One fall afternoon, 8 years ago, I walked into a Starbucks in Dallas, Texas to pick up an employment application after being laid off from an IT consulting firm at the time. I had never drank coffee prior to that moment nor did I have any clue about Starbucks. Laurance (the Manager) took a chance and hired me that day...

...of which I'm eternally grateful. Fast forward 8 years later and I'm walking into his coffee shop again in Granada, Nicaragua to spend time with a good friend and mentor (no employment application this time). Law and his family took the time to show me their home and provide me with a collection of experiences and memories that I will never forget. For this I'm most grateful and appreciative. Thank you Law.


When you ask people why they travel you inevitably get a myriad of responses. For me I travelled to Nicaragua for 2 main reasons, 1) To see my good friend Law and spend time with he & his family and 2) To learn to surf. I accomplished both in the 2 weeks I visited Nicaragua and in addition I picked up a collection of memories and experiences that will stay with me until I'm old and grey. From this most recent trip I've come to reinforce the importance of long term relationships in my life and to appreciate the friends I've met and kept over the years. And thus ends my Nicragua travel blog...





No comments:

Post a Comment